The average cost of hair extension bundles range from $85 to $600, depending on the type/texture of extensions you get, the length of the hair, and the quality of the hair extensions. On the lower end, clip-in and tape-in hair extensions range from $100 to $200. Hair stylists suggest matching the amount of hair added with the current density of your hair. If you have finer or less hair, add less than someone with more voluminous long hair. If you wear protective styles like traditional sew-in weaves or wigs, choose your desired thickness, as your natural hair is typically braided in cornrows/braids for flat foundation.
Which Hair Texture Should I Get?
Brazilian Hair, Peruvian, Raw Indian and Malaysian Hair are the most desired human hair extensions on the market today! So, which one should you choose? In this article, we will drop knowledge on all hair types that will be sure to help you make a well-informed decision.
Brazilian virgin hair is ethically sourced from native Brazilians. It’s popular because of its versatility and natural look.
- It has a natural texture, luster and shine.
- It’s thick, soft, and silky, and comes in many textures: straight, wavy and curly.
- It holds curls and waves extremely well
- It easily blends well with coarser hair types, providing a natural look.
Malaysian Hair Malaysian hair has an extremely luxurious feel and is sleek and shiny, but not excessively shiny. Its luster is low to medium. It’s also ethically sourced from native Malaysians.
- This hair is softer and silkier than Brazilian hair.
- Its luster is low to medium. It’s an extremely luxurious feel and is sleek and shiny, but not excessively shiny.
- When wet, it will take on a gorgeous and most elegant wave
- It holds curls and waves extremely well.
- The colors of Malaysian hair is limited and can usually only be found in black and dark brown.
- This hair blends extremely well with relaxed African American hair and other similar hair types.
Peruvian Hair is a little thicker and coarser than Brazilian hair in texture and blends well in normal relaxed hair textures on African-American women.
- Peruvian hair weave comes in many textures: straight, body wave, loose wave and deep wave.
- It’s lightweight, but provides more volume and looks very natural.
- The hair has soft and silky texture.
- Peruvian hair is 100% unprocessed virgin hair.
Raw Indian Hair
Real Raw Indian Hair comes from the temples from in India and each bundle is sourced from one single donor. With fuller and thick bundles, Raw Hair is not only natural looking, but it acts just like your own natural hair and it blends well with all hair types.
- Raw Indian hair is soft, bouncy, and full of volume.
- It’s high in quality.
- It’s 100% pure Indian hair unprocessed professional grade.
- It’s not treated with any chemicals.
- It can last for years and years because its 100% real Indian virgin temple raw hair.
Hair Installation Methods and Price
Hair extensions are usually glued, clipped in or sewn on natural hair by installing human or synthetic hair extensions. Various methods include, but not limited to, bonding, clip in extensions, sew-in weaving, wigs and the fusion method.
Bonding (Glue-in) is a method of weaving that essentially last a short period of time. This technique involves the application of hair glue onto the hair weft/track then onto the individuals natural hair, or a protective hair cap. Glued-in weave last no longer than one to two weeks. Professional Installation $100-$275
Clip-in extensions are probably the least permanent. Hair wefts are equipped with small toupee like clips, which are sewn onto the wefts. A set of clip-in hair extensions usually average 6-8 strips of human hair in an array of widths. The application process involves simply placing the weft onto a section of hair with the clips open, facing the scalp. Each clip is then snapped securely into place and the process is repeated until you reach your desired volume and length. These can be worn for an entire day and then removed during bedtime. Professional Installation $100-$300
Sew-in weaving is a long-lasting method. The natural hair is often braided in the direction of the hair style, and it is essentially the set foundation of the end result. The wefts are sewn onto the braids with a curved or straight blunt-ended needle and thread. There are different color thread available to compliment the hair color in which you are installing. This installation usually last 2-3 months with proper care and maintenance. Wigs are sewn onto the hair in the same manner. Professional Installation $200-$575
Fusion method involves a machine similar to a hot glue gun. The gun is used to attach human hair extensions to individual strands of one's natural hair of about 1/8 to 1/4 inch squared sections for a seamless and authentic look and feel. Another option for fusion attachments is utilizing hair which is pre-tipped with a keratin adhesive. A heat clamp is then used to melt the adhesive to attach the extension hair to the natural hair. Fusion weave allows washing hair frequently and the use of regular hair products such as hair gels. This technique is very time consuming taking three or more hours. They often need re-positioning every 2–3 months as the natural hair grows. Professional Installation $200-$1,000
These are the national prices on average for extensions at the salon. Shop SHH for human hair extensions and closures/frontals.
Financing options available with Sezzle. Buy now, pay later and make 4 interest-free payments over 6 weeks! More details here.